The Beyond Independent Living Adult Foster Care Program provides a supervised, 24-hour living arrangement for people who would like to continue living safely in their home with a caregiver due…Read More →
Live Safely and Independently at Home
Beyond Independent Living offers Nursing services, oversight and care management to participants in need of care who want to remain at home.
The Beyond Independent Living Adult Foster Care Program provides a supervised, 24-hour living arrangement for people who would like to continue living safely in their home with a caregiver due to physical, mental or emotional limitation.
Caregivers and participants live in the same household and share a common living area.
ADULT FOSTER CARE
Adult Foster Care is a program that provides services for individuals who need caregiver assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of daily living (IADL) in their home to maintain and improve their daily life. The caregiver can be a family or a non-family member, but cannot be a spouse or legal guardian.
To determine qualification for either level 1 or 2 care, Beyond Independent Living must receive a referral and order for Adult Foster Care from the participants Primary Care Physician (PCP).
• Are 16 years of age or older.
• Have a physical or mental disability. Need assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, ambulating, meal preparation, companionship and supervision or transferring (such as getting in and out of bed).
• Are covered by MassHealth Standard, Senior Whole Health, CommonHealth or other approved insurance provider.
• Must receive a referral and order for Adult Foster Care from their Primary Care Physician (PCP).
• Can be family members or non-family members (A spouse or legal guardian cannot be a caregiver).
• Must live in the home with the participant. It can be the caregiver's home or the consumer's home. Housing arrangements are strictly between caregiver and participant.
• Must be able to provide assistance with personal care, laundry, housekeeping, medical visits, behavioral management and any assistant specified upon the nursing assessment.
*Depending on the level of care, the caregiver receives a tax free stipend of up to $1500 per month.