Adult Foster Care in Boston
Beyond Independent Living offers Adult Foster Care Services in Boston, Massachusetts. Our Adult Foster Care Services are available in Merrimack Valley, Lowell, Lawrence, Lynn, Boston, Framingham, Salem, and all surrounding areas.
The Beyond Independent Living Adult Foster Care Program provides a supervised, 24-hour living arrangement for people who would like to continue living safely in their homes with a caregiver due to physical, mental, or emotional limitations.
Caregivers and participants live in the same household and share a common living area. Typically, the caregiver and the receiver of care already live together. If you live with someone in need of care, you can be their caregiver, receive a tax-free stipend, and still go to work every day. Please read the requirements below and call us for all of the details.
Adult Foster Care in Boston and Beyond
Beyond Independent Adult Foster Care Services of Massachusetts is licensed with the State of Massachusetts and registered with the Massachusetts Council for Adult Foster Care – Visit their website HERE to view our provider profile.
Beyond Independent Adult Foster Care Services of Massachusetts is CARF Accredited as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and adheres to the highest standard of excellence. You can view our accreditation profile HERE.
OUR BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS ADULT FOSTER CARE PROGRAM
Adult Foster Care is a program that provides services for individuals who need caregiver assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of daily living (IADL) in their home to maintain and improve their daily life. The caregiver can be a family or a non-family member, but cannot be a spouse or legal guardian.
To determine qualification for either level 1 or 2 care, Beyond Independent Living must receive a referral and order for Adult Foster Care from the participants’ Primary Care Physician (PCP).
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS FOR OUR ANDOVER MASSACHUSETTS ADULT FOSTER CARE PROGRAM
• Are 16 years of age or older.
• Have a physical or mental disability. Need assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, toileting, eating, ambulating, meal preparation, companionship, and supervision or transferring (such as getting in and out of bed).
• Are covered by MassHealth Standard, Senior Whole Health, CommonHealth, or other approved insurance providers.
• Must receive a referral and order for Adult Foster Care from their Primary Care Physician (PCP).
• Can be family members or non-family members (A spouse or legal guardian cannot be a caregiver).
• Must live in the home with the participant. It can be the caregiver’s home or the consumer’s home. Housing arrangements are strictly between the caregiver and the participant.
• Must be able to provide assistance with personal care, laundry, housekeeping, medical visits, behavioral management, and any assistance specified upon the nursing assessment.
*Depending on the level of care, the caregiver receives a tax-free stipend of up to $1500 per month.
Or Send Us a Message:
All Other Inquires By Mail To:
1208B VFW Parkway, Suite 301
Boston, Ma. 02132
225 Broadway Street, Suite 201B
Methuen, MA 01844